Wednesday, July 04, 2012

RPI: Mission Goat (aka ew)

Warning: I am not a happy girl. This is a post about goat. And as luck Haydn would have it, I don't like goat.


Actually, when Haydn won our last match of Rock Paper Ingredient I was pretty stoked that he selected goat. I was all, "rad! i've never had goat. this is going to be awesome!"....

....3 days later... 

i. wanted. to. die.

Okay, maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration. But my nose certainly wanted to curl up inside itself and shut out the world. It smelled like live barn yard animal rotting away in arsenic and iodine.


In all honesty: I didn't try it. 

I was so put off by the scent of the cooking meat I couldn't bring myself to put it in my mouth. 

Funny enough, Haydn and I both selected a Moroccan approach.. John enjoyed it - good on him. I'd have hated to see it go to waste.


Of course I adore Haydn for being so adventurous (and dashing) and selecting such a unique ingredient. Well done, friend. I'm sorry I couldn't do it.... that's a hard limit for me.

Obviously I didn't keep my full recipe for this dish. However if you click here, you'll get the basic idea. Sub goat for the lamb. 


RPI.... you may have beaten me this round, but next time, I'm gonna burnin this mother down!


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I have to select the ingredient for next month still... Ugh. So hard winning RPI all the time.

    -h

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well get on it mister!

      p.s. you really should get a photo on your blogger profile.

      Delete